Commercial Kitchen Hire
Are you a caterer looking for a Kitchen to prepare food for your next event? Do you need a commercial kitchen to make your products or a place to run cooking classes or workshops?
Emanuel Synagogue kitchen is a one-stop-shop that's turning delicious dreams into reality. Our recently renovated kitchen and attached hall can provide a professional and creative space suitable for retail or wholesale food businesses, caterers and trainers.
There is a separate hall that can seat up to 100 people. We can also configure the room to seat more people in theatre style, and the room can be booked independently of the kitchen area. Our kitchen facility includes:
- 650 litre upright freezer
- Commercial dishwasher
- Food preparation sink
- Two stainless steel benches with lockable castors
- Rack storage (subject to availability)
- Electric combination convection/steamer oven
- One gas ovens, with 6-burner gas cooktop
|Kitchen only||$300 per session|
|Kitchen and Hall||$600 per session|
To make a booking enquiry, click here.
- Standard rentals allow for one company of up to 6 people to use the kitchen per rental.
- Usage is strictly between the hours of 8.00 am and 5.00 pm on the day of the booking – unless otherwise arranged.
- $1000 refundable bond is required on confirmation of booking. Any damage to equipment or property will be deducted from the bond. Should value of damage be greater than bond, hirer will be responsible for paying the additional amount.
- In order to secure your booking we require $150 deposit and remainder of payment to be made a week prior to you date of use.
- Emanuel Synagogue is a strictly vegetarian campus therefore kitchen is vegetarian.
- The fee covers all equipment in the kitchen and includes utilities costs, some small appliances, cleaning products etc.
- Payment options include bank transfer, cash and credit card.
- You are responsible for thoroughly cleaning the kitchen after use. We walk through a checklist with you before and after use. We agree on appliances to be used, their condition, plus operating and cleaning procedures.
- Via prior arrangement we can accept deliveries from your suppliers directly to our kitchen, but items are received at your own risk. We can also offer short-term storage of dry, frozen/chilled ingredients plus limited short-tem storage of your finished products. Storage is subject to availability at the time, and fees may apply.
- Emanuel Synagogue has public liability insurance, but you are responsible for insurance of your products, accident insurance for your clients and staff, and product liability.
- Tea towels can be provided for an extra $50.
- Bookings are subject to availability.
- All equipment provided must be used in accordance with the specifications contained in the manuals provided.
- The hirer must comply with the NSW Food Safety Standards, the Food Act 2003, Food Regulations 2004 and Emanuel Synagogue's Kashrut Policy.
- Children under the age of 10 are not permitted in the kitchen area unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Ensure proper use of kitchen is maintained according to standards outlined in Conditions of Hire of Kitchen, and Procedures for Use of Kitchen.
- All pots and pans, stove plates and equipment used must be washed and cleaned and put back in designated areas. All equipment used must go through the dishwasher at the end of use.
- No food, belongings or leftovers are to be kept in kitchen once hire time is completed. Hirers must remove all food and garbage from kitchen and cool room.
- All equipment must be turned off after use, and cleaned as per instructions in kitchen.
- Please use exhaust fan when cooking at all times (switch is on wall near lights). Smoke in the kitchen can cause the alarms to be activated, and a fee may be payable for attendance by fire services who will attend the site automatically if alarms are activated.
Cleaning and Garbage
- The hirer is responsible for ensuring the kitchen is left clean and tidy after use. Charts demonstrating cleaning procedures are on display in kitchen.
- If additional cleaning is required, a cleaning fee will be charged, and deducted from your bond.
- All rubbish must be removed from kitchen at end of use. General waste and recycling bins are located in outdoor areas of the synagogue, and all waste must be removed from kitchen and placed in bins.
What the Synagogue Provides
- A clean commercial kitchen with cleaning products provided to maintain standard of cleanliness in kitchen.
- Chopping boards, bowls, pots, fry pans and other brand new cooking items.
- Instructions for Operating Equipment & Procedures for use of Kitchen.
- Use of dishwasher, oven, gas cooker and plate warmer, cool room and garbage bins for recycle and general waste.
- Basic cleaning products for cleaning procedures.
- Any special cooking pots or pans required that are not available in the kitchen. These should not be electrical or gas equipment.
WE ARE A NO SMOKING facility. Please do not smoke anywhere in the Centre, the grounds or within 10 metres of any boundary.